Social Icons

het

Pages

Nov 27, 2009

salam aidil adha

this question makes me to things deeply about the term of selamat hari raya aidil adha...the story begins when I went out from room for going to a shop nearby. I want to buy drink and when I was lining up to pay for my drinks, a person(mybe arabian) come to ask at girl infront me.

he asked "I want wish my friend for aidil adha, in bahasa melayu that i know Selamat Hari Raya Qurban. but the problem is, before the aidil adha, how we can say that?". the girl asked "selamat hari raya Qurban..that all". the arabian not satisfied with the answer and asked again "in english we say that selamat hari raya in advance" it means before raya, after raya and when raya itself there are differents between these words. And the girl say that he don't know about that. and the arabian left after that.

in my opinion...when we say "selamat hari raya aidil adha/Qurban..before, after or when, we say it in a pharase only.mybe in our tradision we don't like to convert many things...so the term remain one only, but for other race...like that arabian or other, there are different between it.

although it only a wish in aidil adha, that we have said so many years, actually I don't know that saying wish also difficult..

2 comments:

Hidayatullah said...

ko exam ble dude

yazid said...

kakaka...aku da lame abeh exam