Social Icons

het

Pages

May 17, 2013

Teacher Day

Because it is too mainstream to express gratitude for  'Teacher Day' in FB, so I just write an article here.

Teacher Day not = to public holiday

Student must appreciate to have holiday on this important day, just like National Independent day, where the day to remember about country independent day and sacrifice of our dead warrior. However, our calendar is already full with holiday, so no excuse here to get free vacation. Not to worry, no curriculum study happen in this day, as they will held special event for teachers day. 

I already forgot what happen in my last school during the Teacher Day. What I remembered, student did some show to entertain us, head principle gave an extremely long speech and teacher sang a song together on the front. Maybe, there were more activities, but my dull memory seem hard to refresh (not responding).

"Thank you teacher" definition?

how to define this word? people always say this common word, yet what is the meaning? Just only word without action? or just become our culture to express this word during Teacher day? Definitely, many teachers would pleasure and happy to hear this word, but does it truly enough? How can we express this word exactly? Sometimes, this word can be replaced into action, if a person become a great man in future, the teacher who recognized their student must be proud out of it. "thats my student, proud of him, I was his teacher". Can this action represent the expression of " Thank you teacher?". 

How about situation when the students grow up and become a teacher and teaches the teacher son. This show return the favor for their teacher. Can this action also express "Thank you teacher"?.

How about the student who always keep in touch with their teachers? 

If we do all above, are we need to say that word to the teacher? or we need to say and do action for the best? One interesting question bears in my mind. If me, I want to shout "Thank you teacher, taught many things to me and I appreciate" and at the same time, do something to express this kind of gratitude. Can, am I ?

One more interesting question is regarding to the celebration of Teacher day all through world. Every country has different celebration date due to Wikipedia. For Malaysia, this is the history why 16 May became Teacher Day :

' This date was chosen because on the same day in 1956, the Federal Legislative Council of the Federation of Malaya endorsed the Razak Report, one of four reports of the Education Committee regarding education in Malaysia. The document, known as the Razak Report after Tun Abdul Razak who was Education Minister at the time, has been the basis of education in Malaysia ever since. Although it is not an official school holiday, celebrations are usually held on May 16, or earlier, if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday' . 

erm....1956, a year before country independent day.

Anyway, I would like to send a great appreciation with my pure heart to all my teachers for teaching, advising and leading me until I became I today. I had seen so many teachers with different kind of attitude, and way of teaching their student. This memory still remain as memory. One teacher really change many students world.

cat saying happy Teacher Day

ps: merapu lagi mlm ni




No comments: